Thursday, February 20, 2014

Why I Love San Antonio Part 4/5 College Campuses

"WHY I LOVE SAN ANTONIO"
PART 4/5 - College Campuses
Written by Timothy McVain

This may be random to some people 
But one of the things I love about San Antonio
Are the college campuses we have here.
Whether it's the big name universities like the University of Texas at San Antonio, 
Trinity University, or the smaller yet still beautifully designed Alamo Colleges;
Our city has gorgeous campuses open for visitors, future students, or architecture lovers like me!


Starting way up at the top of the city is the
University of Texas at San Antonio Main Campus











One of the great things about the college campuses in San Antonio
Are the public art installations! Like this one from famous sculptor Luis Jimenez

 "Fiesta Dancers"

"Border Crossing"

The downtown campus of UTSA is just as beautiful!











To the northwest of downtown is one of my favorite campuses
Our Lady of the Lake University










Nearby is a campus with a TON of public art displays
St. Mary's University










Just a few blocks away from the San Antonio Zoo
 Set atop rolling hills is the campus of Trinity University








Trinity University is home to one of the most beautiful structures in the city
The Murchison Bell Tower designed by O'Neill Ford! 




And public art installations!



Almost forgot to add this one, but it's one of the prettiest!
The University of the Incarnate Word





Last, but surely not least, are the Alamo College campuses!


Firstly, the SPC- St. Philip's College





Secondly, the SAC- San Antonio College campus






Coming in third is the NLV- Northeast Lakeview College campus




Fourth, and my personal favorite, is the NVC
Northwest Vista College campus





They even have a stone labyrinth! 

What do you love about San Antonio?

Follow Me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim. My name is Brady and I would like to use your Murchison Tower photo in an exhibit I am doing this weekend at La Villita for Day of the Dead. It would be incorporated into a video and I would give you credit at the end. Please let me know if it's cool with you ASAP, I am working on video now.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete