Wednesday, July 9, 2014

12 DAYS IN MAY Part Two of Five

12 DAYS IN MAY
~Part Two of Five~
"12 Hours in Utah"


I woke up from a deep sleep to the sound of an alarm clock. I looked around in the darkness for some kind of light to reveal a clue as to where I was, but found nothing. I followed the sound of the air conditioning unit and felt my way to the window where I pulled back the curtains and was blinded by the morning sunrise over snow covered mountains in the distance. I was in Utah.


After refueling at a delicious breakfast diner called ANGIES 
with my sister and her husband 


we explored Logan, Utah together with Gorilla the dog




 Visited the Old Logan Temple


The more elaborately designed Logan Temple



 And of course, since I love architecture; the Utah State University Campus!




I even climbed the Old Main stairs or as I call it, the staircase of death

 Posed on the big "A" for the Utah State Aggies!


And enjoyed some Aggies Ice Cream! :)


It was time to head to downtown Salt Lake City where we had lunch 



 and walked through the Salt Lake Temple complex






And surrounding areas


Which led us naturally up State Street to the Utah State Capitol :) 









Needless to say, after my detour, the hours of walking around downtown SLC, and no afternoon nap, I was exhausted! What better place to kick up one's feet and relax than the City Library! I was awestruck by the amazing design of this building inside and out





After dinner at a Chinese food restaurant, we went to the Great Saltair to watch the sunset! Perfect end to a fast paced and epic 12 waking hours in Utah! Talk about a whirlwind tour!


The final bus would arrive at 11pm but before going to the station, we drove by and walked around the Capitol again- this time at night!


After 12 hours in Utah it was finally time to start on my way to the Golden State of California and San Francisco...

"The City"
12 Days in May (Part 3 of 5) coming soon!



FOLLOW ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment